O review by Damien Rice

• Released: Feb 1, 2002
Damien Rice: O

It's one of the best CD's I have ever heard. The sound is smooth and relaxing. Damien and his band are obviously trying to leave their mark in the world's music using elements from classical rock, opera and even country music and connecting them in a unique way. I find this experiment completely successful and ear-soothing. The instrumental part is nothing less than magical. Chello, violin, guitar and a touch of piano, it will only take you some moments to tranfere in the world of your most inner sentiments and feel pure as a child!

What more would anyone ask from words than being able to make you think, feel and travel. That's exactly what these lyrics do. Sometimes you may think that you can't understand some of them, but then you find out that they can affect the way you face your life. Some others, they just help you express yourself to yourself. Their strength lies in their simplicity and their absolut connection to the music.

This album is a door. You open it and you stand before a miracle. It will make you thank nature for giving you the ability to hear. My favourite songs: The Blower's Daughter, Chears Darlin', I Remember. I just wish that every compose and perfomer loves music as much as this band does!