Shadows Passed Review

Danny Bryants Redeye Band: Shadows Passed
Released: Jul 21, 2003
Genre: Rock
Styles: Blues Rock
Danny Bryant's Red Eyed Band executes a style of blues and rock that doesn't steer too much in the direction of mainstream madness. For this, our sanities are spared.
 4.7
 9.3
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Shadows Passed Reviewed by: johash, on may 19, 2005

Sound: This band is relatively new, they have only been around for a few years and they are quite unheard of I think (since there are no tabs to be found anywhere). The guy plays a Fender Strat and adopts the style of some Stevie Ray Vaughn and some BB King and maybe a little Albert Collins and Lee. He plays with a sort of rough tone and sticks to the very bluesy type of music with some awesome solos. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics fit with the music perfectly. The slow and sad lyrics fit in with the blues guitar to create an amazing feeling. Danny Bryant's voice is quite deep and is fantastic with the music. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is obviously like SRV but it in no way compares to the genious that is Stevie Ray Vaughn although it is a very good 2nd. The most impressive songs on the album are probably Shadows Passed and Living With The Blues. I love the guys amazing voice and the amazing guitar that he plays. The only thing that I really hate is the damn clicking noise that the album makes in my speaker. If it were stolen then hell yeah I would buy it again and I'd probably buy his other two albums as well. // 10

Comments