My Best Days review by Danny Gokey

• Released: Mar 2, 2010
  • Users' score: 10 (1 vote)
Danny Gokey: My Best Days

It is a country album but has some country/rock sound. Danny Gokey is the american idol finalist who got third place. Some highlight songs were mostly his ballads cause that is where you hear the soul in his voice. Notable tracks are 'I will not say goodbye', probably the best song on the album and very beautifully written. 'it's only' was a nice ballad which was supposed to be his first single but replaced by 'my best days are ahead of me' which in my opinion, is one of the worst tracks on the album although I think he was on the right track to choose an upbeat tempo song for his single. Danny decided to go country because Randy Travis, Grand Ole Opry mentor for the idols, had approached Danny and told him his soulful vocals would be appreciated by the country fans.

Some songs were just too country for the general musical audience.the lyrics were country you could tell if you read it. But not all songs. "I will not say goodbye" had really sorrowful lyrics about not wanting to say goodbye to a lost loved one. most of the rest were about everything else that does not describe Danny Gokey.

For a debut album I'd give it a 3.5/5. But hey, he broke the long standing record of most album sales by a new male country artist since Billy Ray Cyrus won that title in the 90's. These are the top 3 songs from My Best Days. 1. I will not say goodbye 2. Tiny Life 3. It's only The thing I love about this album is the ballads which Danny is best at. I would definitely buy it again because I'm a huge fan of Danny Gokey and had supported him throughout his idol run.