5: Blackacidevil review by Danzig

• Released: Oct 29, 1996
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Danzig: 5: Blackacidevil

OK... This album was an experiment in Industrial Metal and if you listened to the 4p album then you could have seen it coming. I feel a review is needed for this album because it was reviewed as an abomination, but it really its not that bad. There are some quality songs on here: "See All You Were", "Seventh House", "Sacrifice", "Come To Silver", "Ashes".

The lyrics were not very strong and repetitive at most times. The singing was weak and even with the reissue and remixing the words are muddled and unintelligible. Sound levels were at times to loud and others to low. Vox were to overprocessed and too many effects added.

Like I stated before: It was an experiment that can be good and bad. In this case it was decent. It would be nice to hear this album striped down and redone like "Come To Silver". Just a few guitars and clean vocals. The greatest songs are like I stated above... "Ashes", "Come To Silver", "Sacrifice", "7th House", "See All You Were", and "Blacacidevil". "Deeper" is good on the reissue but "Deep" on the "X files" soundtrack is better. This album has been bashed but should not be forgotten... It p--ssed off Disney. And that is a good thing.