7:77 I Luciferi Review

Styles: Heavy Metal, Alternative Metal
 7.9
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
7:77 I Luciferi Reviewed by: scumfuc_69, on april 09, 2004

Sound: First of all, a very common mistake (from what I've heard myself) is the mispronunciation of the album title. "I Luciferi" is pronounced as "ee-luce-ah-fair-eye." Only a genius could make such a great song from only 2 chords (other than the solo). Of course, none of the songs are actually only 2 or 3 chords, most a lot of them "revolve" around the same 2 or 3, but with other notes & solos, etc. I'm sure many of the people into metal are familiar with Danzig, but I don't consider him to be "metal." Glenn has always written all the songs and lyrics, except with some help on a few of the solos. He is still "punk" to me because he always does things exactly how HE wants to. That's what it's about! // 10

Lyrics: You cannot deny Glenn is an excellent lyricist. I have studied "a little" in the occult or whatever you wanna call it & know what he's talking about most of the time. For example, the song "Liber Skull" was partly influenced by a book called "Liber Null" by Peter J. Carroll...a book I've had for about 5 years now. The only problem, though, is that with this particular album, the lyrics seem incomplete in some way I don't know how to explain. Almost like only most of the story is told and you're left in suspence even after it's over. However, I would be lying if I said it wasn't great! Look for Danzig's new album sometime this year!!! // 10

Overall Impression: One last thing before I finish....the other Danzig reviews seemed to give john christ too much credit. Reason is, Glenn has always written ALL the song except for the cover songs. My faves on this CD are "Black Mass", "Angel Blake", Without Light...", "Dead Inside", to name only a few. Plus these are only MY faves & you might disagree. You have to be dumb to pay more than $17 for any CD but if this one happened to cost more it would still be worth it. Trust me on this if you don't trust me on anything else...Danzig may be considered to be "metal" to some people, but to me he is the not the only, but the best real punk rocker left. I say that because he does things his way, without any manager or label executives telling him what to do; & he does it better than most!!! // 10

7:77 I Luciferi Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 14, 2004

Sound: Great guitar playing from both Danzig and Todd Youth. Also great keyboarding on the first song from Danzig. Very very hard rockin riffs from the songs "Black Mass" and "Wicked Pussycat". And great drumming and bass. An Obvious change in vocal styling from Danzig compared to his other albums like "How The Gods Kill". // 10

Lyrics: The best song, lyrically, would have to be "Dead Inside". Danzig still digging into the Cthonic world he seems to live in and pulling out great lyrics. // 10

Overall Impression: Great album. Buy 2 copies incase you lose your first. What the f**k you're still reading for? Go Buy This Kick Ass Album Now! // 10

Comments