Circle Of Snakes review by Danzig

• Released: Aug 31, 2004
Danzig: Circle Of Snakes

This album is truly going back to the early stages with more experience in the sound this time. The old sounds of the guitars and riffs, to the big choruses. It is all there. This album wasn't named Danzig 8 but we all know it is. I am very impressed with the song hellmask. It has the speedmetal guitar overtones like the misfits Earth A.D. album (by the way get that album). The songs that stuck out the most for me that will become true classics are 100 Devils Reign, Black Angel/White Angel, and Netherbound. Listen to this album.. one of the songs has a "Twist Of Cain" feel to it. See if you can spot it. The Instrumental (Or somewhat instrumental) intros seem to be returning. Like a rebirth to Samhain days. (Diablos 88, Intium, etc.)I like that its like oprening up a book and reading the first few pages and getting sucked into the rest.

The Lyrics of this album are consistant with most albums. Some song were great but most fell into typical. I would have liked to have heard a little more angst against God maybe, or religon in general, But still he keeps you in the black and that is always a plus. The way he writes is still gothic and poetic. He romanticizes evil making it more appealing to be bad than good. A younger newer generation would not understand or appreciate what he brings to the table and only want visual appeal (like Marilyn Manson not to offend anyone) Overall, the lyrics we good. The songs that stand out are Blk Angel/Wht. Angel and Netherbound.

The Album as a whole is a major achievement. I was excited for this album and my expectation were exceeded. This album gave us a little of everything! (By the Way I Thought BlackAciDevil Was An Breakthrough and an Achievement for those hating on it). If there was a major comeback album this is it! "1000 Devils Reign" is radiofriendly and deserves major airplay. If everyone requested this enough it could be the next " Mother" and could reach a whole new audience and bring back an old one. Now if we can just get the rap and bubblegum pop and the so called "Punk" (you know what I am talkin about) off the air long enough to make spots for this song. The world would be ours and dark again till the End Of Time.