Danzig Review

9.3
 8.6
 9.9
Danzig Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 07, 2004

Sound: This album's sound is a definite stray from the punk style Misfits Danzig was doing before. His voice is still the same thou, Jim Morrison. The record is definitely better sounding (recorded) than the misfits albums. Great heavy riffs from John Christ. Great Drumming and Bass. Some songs are dramatic ("Mother"). // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics Danzig wrote aren't that different than the misfits style lyrics. Still writing horror-movie style lyrics. But still very good. // 8

Overall Impression: A Very good first album from Danzig and crew. A very noticable departure from the misfits sound though. Good Album overall. // 8

Danzig Reviewed by: Rattlehead666, on november 19, 2005

Sound: This is the debut album to Danzig. It is an excellent album. John Christ is a great guitarist. The intro riff and chorus riff to Twist Of Cain is great. The introduction to Am I Demon kinda reminds me of the songs Blitzkreig which Metallica did a cover on, on their Creeping Death EP, Kill 'Em All re-release and Garage Inc. but the track is not on Kill 'Em All anymore. Anyways the music is great, this is one of the greatest debuut albums I have ever heard. Another good song with good riffs is Not Of This World. // 10

Lyrics: Glen Danzig's vocals are clearer from other metal vocalist that I have heard. Some people say that his vocals are like Jim Morroson from The Doors. The lyircs are pretty cool. Some got to do with girls but most of them have to do with death and evil. // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said this is a great debut album. They have a cool skull on the front of it. My favorite songs on the album are Twist Of Cain, Not Of This world, Am I Demon, End Of Time and The Hunter. My least favorite song on this album is Mother even though a lot of people like it. I don't hate anything about this album. If it were stolen or lost I would have to find it because I bought this when I was in Alberta and now I'm in Newfounland and Labrador so I would have to drive three hours just to get this album. // 10

Danzig Reviewed by: krymson, on november 29, 2006

Sound: This is Danzig's debut album, after leaving the Misfits and renaming Samhain to simply Danzig. The tone of the album is dark with heavy mid-tempo riffs. Unlike a lot of metal, the focal point of this album is not the guitar but Glenn Danzig's vocals wich have developped after since leaving the misfits. The man really know's how to sing and give the sounds a very deep dark mood to them, sometimes he may sound abit cheesy also, James Hetfield from metallica even did some backup vocals for the song "Twist Of Cain". The guitar may not be the heavies or innovative but there's some catchy riffs and hooks thrown in there. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics, are well, pretty cheesy at times. Some songs sound pretty good like Twist of Cain, and Mother. Then there are songs like Am I Demon which are laughable at some points. Some of the lyrics may be awful, but others are classic metal subjects, The devil, the end of the world, conflict. Despite some of the lyrics are crap, Danzig delivers then very powerfully and can make them sounds better than they really are. Danzig's vocals proformance on "Not Of This World" os definitly one of the higher points of the album. // 7

Overall Impression: This is the only Danzig album I've heard and I really like it, don't love it, but it's pretty damn good. I would've liked to hear some faster songs, because just about every song is around the same tempo. Like I said, the vocals are the focal point of the album and man are they awesome, very powerfull, very haunting. The best songs are "Twist Of Cain", "Not Of This World", "Mother" and "The Hunter". I would recomend this any metal new commers, great album to get started with. // 8

Comments