On The Strength Of All Convinced review by Daphne Loves Derby

• Released: Jul 26, 2005
Daphne Loves Derby: On The Strength Of All Convinced

I got into them back in late '03. Back then they were pretty much acoustic. This CD is consisted of a mix of the following genres: acoustic, indie, and emotional. Not the emo where cut my wrists, and that stuff just emotional lyrics. In this record they've matured a bit songs have gotten a bit more complex and they've added some piano.

The lyrics are really heartfelt. Kenny knows how to put what he really sees into the lyrics and music. Kenny can sing alright, it may be a bit high pitched for others to enjoy but I love it.

If you listen to Mae, Straylight Run, Deathcab, or Iron and Wine you should definately check this cd out. My favorite songs are: Debussie, year on an airplane, what we've been waiting for, and pollen and salt. That doesn't mean though that the rest of the record is crap, all their songs are awesome it might just take some getting used to. I can't say theres anything I hate about it except for it being pretty short around 40 minutes. If anyone stole this or lost it I'd definately buy it again. Fans of any indie/emo/acoustic band or genre should check Daphne Loves Derby out, as well as The Scene Aesthetic.