Oblivious 2 review by Dark Olive

• Released: Aug 12, 2004
  • Reviewer's score: 2.7 Junky

Wow, one can only asume the previous reviews are either deaf or Dark Olive band members because this is absolute trash. I was willing to give this leeds punk rock band a chance after a friend saw them live, he told me they were really good, I'm no longer friends with that person. They have tried to mix punk, rap and good old fashion rock and roll, unsurprisingly it didn't work. The drumming borders pathetic, his/hers attempt at hip-hop beats are laughable, please put the drum sticks down. The guitar work is'nt that bad, nothing original though basic riffs and strumming.

Okay, two vocalists who are very different. Both are pants, the background singer has a very annoying voice, if your putting that accent on please stop, it sounds awful. If that's your real singing voice well get lessons. The lead vocalist oh dear god he's the worst of both worlds, you can't rap and you can't sing oh and your lyrics are so bad they are almost funny. You can't make the chorus out due to the annoying one sounded like a cat on deaths door.

The music scene does not need this trasy band, if they are signed I pity whom ever signed them, if they ain't please stay well clear. It seems to me Dark Olives influences come from some half assed punk bands like the Offspring or the Sex pistols (yes the pistols do suck). Why they wanted to mix hip-hop beats and rapping into punk rock I'll never know, you're aint Atmosphere F.F.S, stay well clear of this awful band.