Fiction review by Dark Tranquillity

• Released: Apr 24, 2007
Dark Tranquillity: Fiction

This is a very impressive and underrated album and I am really starting to get sick of the fans saying everything after Projector sucks because its crappy and generic. Well, Haven was not great and I didn't like Damage Done because they sacrificed some melody, but Character and this album are great and very underrated. The album mixes the sounds from all the past albums to make 1 great hybrid album. And in my opinion this is probably equal to The Gallery.

Mikael Stanne is an incredible lyricist. His lyrics are very well thought out and are very meaningful. The lyrics fit well with the music and have such great meaning I don't know how Stanne is able to write his lyrics without his head exploding into a million bits. He is probably the best lyricist I have ever came across. Stanne is also an amazing singer, he has a powerful growl and has great clean vocals as well.

My opinion on the songs: 01.Nothing to No One: a good starting song it has a nice keyborad interlude and some cool melodies in it al well. 8/10 02.The Lesser Faith: the lyrics in this song are awesome and Stanne has incredible lyrics in this song. 8/10 03.Terminus(Where Death is Most Alive): this is an awesome song and again Stanne does very good vocals in this song. 9/10 04.Blind at Heart: one of my favorites in the album the solo in this song is awesome. 10/10 05.Icipher: it has alot of keyborad parts and has a short but awesome solo. 9/10 06.Inside The Particle Sotrm: it has alot of clean parts and tempo change. 7/10 07.Empty Me: its got some cool drum patterns and a pretty fast tempo. 7/10 08.Misery's Crown: an awesome song,it alternates between clean vocals and growled vocals. 9/10 09.Focus Shift: and another awesome song with an awesome solo. 9/10 10.The Mundane and The Magic: one of the best songs in the album, that's all I can say. 10/10