Deliver Us review by Darkest Hour

• Released: Jul 9, 2007
Darkest Hour: Deliver Us

The band has drastically changed the technicality of their songs. Ryan Parrish's drums are better than ever with his use of the ride cymbals and long periods of double pedal. Kris Norris and the other guitarist(forget his name at the moment), unlike the other albums, play dual guitar solos in almost every song, ranging from slow, to sweep picking melodic solos. Devin Townshend has made a drastic improvement in the sound and production of Darkest Hour's newest attempt.

The lyrics have to deal with the turning around of society's thought process. A good example would be the song Demon(s). The chorus goes as follows," And one of these days we'll no longer betray, ourselves in any way, we'll all fall the same way down". The choruses have gotten so much better since their last attempt Undoing Ruin. The singers scream has gotten a lot better, more understandable, and he also sings clean on some songs as well!

This album is by far the best metal album of the year, besides King Diamond's Give Me Your Soul... Please. Those are two totally different genres though. I basically love everything about this album, I have nothing to complain about it, definately worth the 10 bucks I spent on it. The best songs in my opinion are Doomsayer (this is the beginning of the end), Demon(s), A Paradox With Flies, and An Ethereal Drain.

Cied Shredder
    HETFIELDHAMMETT wrote: KissingShadows wrote: Sorry dude, but this also isn't Death Metal or Black Metal. thank u man. wat the hell no im lookin at the labels and really only one fits but not very perfectly-HEAVY METAL. dude please tell me u were kiddin with those genres.
    It fits perfectly in metalcore or just metal...
    cakezilla
    Every band has to grow with their next album, I love the way Darkest Hour has grown from their previous work. The guitar playing is incredible and the vocals are better than ever. Why do people ****ing insist on labeling bands into a certain genre? Can't they just be "Metal" and leave it at that?
    dangerdan92
    GodofCheesecake wrote: I went to Sounds Of The Underground but Darkest Hour and Amon Amarth couldn't make it for some reason or other. I felt like kicking a small, furry animal...
    that comment is funny shit lol
    metal_maniac#1
    ****ing amazing album, if you're obessesed with their old stuff, obviously you won't like it as much, but if you're just looking for something new to listen to, check it out.
    Jimbrown
    Great album, I agree with all the comments on the amazing guitar work, great drums, and improvement of the vocals. Fire in the Sky and Tunguska are the best songs on the album.
    Tapping_Ninja
    FlameIbrah wrote: this album is good and bad. good as in the band is more versatile musically and overall the songs are just better. Bad as in it's less of what they are(well, used to be). It's more formulaic and cliche. They have gone into the nearly inevitable path metalcore bands go through. Start out with shitty vocals that **** up the singers throat, move on to a more identified scream and then everything changes. They start incorporating soft vocals and change their riff styles. Not saying that it's necessarily a bad thing but still a bit presumed.
    dude just shut up... If they want to change their style then they have that right. SO GET OVER IT!!! very good album
    metaldud536
    As far as i know these are some of the best melodies (not riffs) i have ever heard. And i dont think the singer screwed up his throat or something. He can still scream, if anything better.
    rictazero
    THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING holy shit i bought it last night. amazing guitars... beautiful lyrics... they are now one of my favorite bands...
    demonday87
    yeah apparently amon amarth and darkest hour were splitting a bus and had to change buses so they were running real behind. i ended up chillin with mike the ryhtm guitarist emorocker couldnt remember and john henry the vocalist.
    GodofCheesecake
    FlameIbrah
    Mr.headbanger wrote: why was this reviewed by emo rocker?!?!?!?! the album is amazing by the way!!!
    Another example of stereotypically-minded idiots
    7angels7plauges
    because they like darkest hour?
    HETFIELDHAMMETT
    EmoRocker19510 wrote: lol i didn't say they were thrash... they do have some elements in the guitarwork though...
    ok cool i just wanted to say for the most they arent thrash haha cool review man.
    EmoRocker19510
    HETFIELDHAMMETT
    o my gooness. i juts bought this cd on saturday or sumthin like that and its flippin awesome. the music onhere is great the guitarwork pretty cool the vocals awesopme i mean theres not much u can find rong with this cd. (sorry emorocker watever but theres no way in hell theyre thrash.) def a musy buy for thsi year. a ya by the way 1ST POST a yea son
    FlameIbrah