A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar review by Dashboard Confessional

• Released: Sep 3, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
Dashboard Confessional: A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar

This is not as good as So Impossible or Swiss Army Romance. It was better when it was just Chris Carrabba and his acoustic guitar. The band ruined the original emo-punk Dashboard sound. But still, it's a very good album. Re-doing "Hands Down" was a waste of time. It ruined the whole song.

The lyrics were not as good as the other lyrics he wrote. "Hands Down" I think has very good lyrics and so does "Ghost of a Good Thing." "Morning Calls" uses the metaphor 'turpentine' again which doesn't help my vote but the song before it "Am I Missing" has the greatest lyrics and metaphors of any Dashboard song. The other lyrics like the ones in "Carry This Picture" were pointless. End of story.

Not comparable to other Dashboard albums thats for sure. If you should like any songs, you should like "Ghost of a Good Thing," "Am I Missing," and "Hey Girl." I hated the band. If "Rapid Hope Loss" was acoustic, it would be 10x better. If you like Saves The Day, buy this. Of course, I don't like Saves The Day.