A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar review by Dashboard Confessional

• Released: Sep 3, 2003
Dashboard Confessional: A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar

Well done musically I think. I have to agree with the author of one of the previous reviews that the acoustic version of "Hands Down" sounds way better than the full band version. One of the previous articles was saying about Chris' voice being kind of whiny sounding. That's like the emo style. I kind of like it. I mean, he doesn't have the very best voice, but I like his style.

Lyrics are well done. Though I don't agree with some of the topics of a few of the songs. The lyrics are well written and flow well. A lot of the songs are about a girl as mentioned. I like the lyrics in the song "Am I Missing." The way they say them in the right along with each other sounds really cool.

This album was very good. Not as good as other artists I have heard but definitely worth buying I think. I got it for only $10 it was on discount. I haven't bought any of there previous albums, but I've heard many of the songs. I wish they had a few more acoustic songs on this album. I would have to give this a rating of 4. It's not the very best but it is still very good.