A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar review by Dashboard Confessional

• Released: Jul 15, 2003
Dashboard Confessional: A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar

Well, we all know that Dashboard is good. Or should I say Chris is good? I really enjoyed seeing the DVD that came with the CD. It made me feel closer to the real sound, the acoustic richness that filled the old CDs. The sound is enjoyable to the extent of its "emo" ness. I throughly enjoy the sound, even though it is not as pure as it used to be.

The lyrics are the thing that captured me as a Dashboard fan to begin with. I really didn't even like emo then, and now. The lyrics seem to flow and seem to still capture the essence behind Carraba's "Heart-On-My-sleeve" impressions. Quite entertaining and pondersome I believe.

As far as comparing to the past albums, it is not as great with the whole band. I think the song that still gets me is either "Rapid Hope Loss" and "If You Can't Leave It Be, Might As Well Make It Bleed." I love the fact that the lyrics are still rich, but I do not really enjoy the sound to the extent I was eager ripping off the plastic for. It is a definite buyer and keeper, and if I lost it, I would definitely buy it again.