MTV Unplugged review by Dashboard Confessional

• Released: Dec 3, 2002
Dashboard Confessional: MTV Unplugged

Out looking for new music at best buy, I ran across Dashboard's MTV Unplugged album; I decided to pick it up for posterity, even though I dislike live recordings. Great decision. This is by far the best live album I have heard, if not ever, then in a great while. Chris' voice is crisp, as usual, and he adds a few new vocal touches to the songs. As for the music, Dashboard is doing what they do best: acoustic. How can it not come out right?

Ah, the lyrics. The sheer genius. The beautifully woven, heartbreakingly honest emotion of Chris Carrabba's pen is nothing less than pure art. Couple the lyrics with his raw, personal, heartfelt voice and listen to the result. What else can I say?

This album encompasses everything I love about Dashboard. They are one of the best acoustic bands to date, and the Unplugged show spotlighted that great aspect of their music. Although the crowd noise can get irritating, on some songs it actually adds to the mood of the song. Overall, this is a great investment for fans of Dashboard, acoustic, or anyone who just wants to hear something new and moving. It has my recommendation.