So Impossible review by Dashboard Confessional

• Released: Dec 18, 2001
Dashboard Confessional: So Impossible

Just for the record, Dashboard Confessional is in my personal oppinion the best band in thier genre. So Impossible may have been an EP, but it left a huge impact. "For You to Notice..." was a very well complexed sound. The sound of the guitar and Chris Carrabba's voice was completely incredible. It really brought out the point of an real emo person. The second song "So Impossible" is pretty good. I didn't enjoy it as much as I did the first song, but it continued a story musically and lyrically. It's one of those songs that doesn't really have a chorus, but it's good anyways. "Remember To Breathe" was the smash for the center of the album. It didn't have such good vocals as the last song on the cd. "Hands Down" was of course the best song off of that cd (until it got popular and it was everywhere). That is why they did a full band version for the cd "A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar." The entire cd can be described in two words, purley emo.

Lyrically, this is the best rhythm I've ever heard lyrically. It defenately follows a storyline. It starts with him being all scared to ask her out. Then in the second song, he does finally ask her out. In the third song, they break up (I wonder what was in between going out and breaking up. Maybe just a coffee break). The last one doesn't really tie into the rest but it's awsome so I like it anyway. Chris Carrabba is a purely genious writer.

Over all, this cd shows the true Dashboard Confessional. I'm not talking the one who wrote a bunch of happy songs off of the new cd, I'm talking about the old stuff. I mean the stuff with just a sad kid and a guitar (I accidentally just discribed me after I just broke a string). It is true emo. Chris Carrabba, you have made all of us kids with broken hearts out here happy, and I am proud of you.