Swiss Army Romance review by Dashboard Confessional

• Released: Nov 14, 2000
Dashboard Confessional: Swiss Army Romance

Dashboard has a very unique acoustic sound. Most of the songs get their drive from the acoustic guitar. The strumming gives the songs good percussion and helps add to the lyrics and the meaning. If you liked Dashboard's last album, then you will enjoy this too, because this is very similar. Overall the sound is excellent, but I would have maybe liked a few more songs, its a pretty short cd without the 2 bonus songs. But all of the songs on the cd were very good.

Chris Carrabba wrote some incredible lyrics for this cd. His lyrics have amazing depth and they put things into words that we can't find words for. Because Dashboard is an emo band, most of the lyrics are about love, but they are all about different situations (it doesnt get repetitive, dont worry). Chris sings with a lot of passion, he lets it all go and puts all of himself into his music. His lyrics match the guitar perfectly in "Again I Go Unnoticed", he helps keep the tempo upbeat. He has awesome range too.

Dashboard is very talented, and I think they have a lot of potential. I think they will keep improving and keep putting out awesome cds. This cd is worth the money and I would definetly buy it again if I lost it. Screaming Infidelities alone is worth buying the cd for. So to sum it all up, Dashboard did a good job on this cd and if you don't have it, I would check it out.