Swiss Army Romance review by Dashboard Confessional

• Released: Nov 14, 2000
Dashboard Confessional: Swiss Army Romance

Dashboard Confessional is what you can call 'the father of emo' or at least at that point in Chris Carrabba's career. When I first heard the Swiss Army Romance, I thought it was the best thing in the world just like every other album I hear when I first recieve it. It turns out I was absolutely right. Dashboard has the best sound of every band in thier genre. The album song was a real rush streamed into a wall of brutal truth. It doesn't get much better than this (unless you include thier EP entitled "So Impossible"). Chris Carrabba wanted to make a name for himself, and he deserves it. His music is better than ever on this CD.

The lyrics bring out his real emotions. It doesn't shred him to peaces like the song 'This bitter Pill' on thier second release, but it still was the best thing around for it's time. Screaming Infidelities was a strong feeling to start an album with. Ender Will Save Us All may easily have the best lyrics from this album, but it's a close fight with the tracks Shirts and Gloves and A Plain Morning. Chris Carrabba delivers all of his music in a way that no other artist does. Why do you think every girl (that isn't a transexual I mean literally) likes Chris Carrabba? He is awesome.

Dashboard is the best band that I have ever heard (not including Coldplay and John Mayer). If someone is that good, you know they deserve to go on and do great things. To Chris Carrabba, I truely thank you for being who you are and never giving up on us.