Swiss Army Romance Review

Dashboard Confessional: Swiss Army Romance
Released: Nov 14, 2000
Genre: Rock
Styles: Indie Rock, Emo, Alternative Pop/Rock
The music involves the acoustic guitar and how beautiful the instrument can sound.
 9.4
 9.8
 8.9
reviews (3) user comments vote for this album:
Swiss Army Romance Reviewed by: snowbandit12, on august 26, 2004

Sound: Dashboard has a very unique acoustic sound. Most of the songs get their drive from the acoustic guitar. The strumming gives the songs good percussion and helps add to the lyrics and the meaning. If you liked Dashboard's last album, then you will enjoy this too, because this is very similar. Overall the sound is excellent, but I would have maybe liked a few more songs, its a pretty short cd without the 2 bonus songs. But all of the songs on the cd were very good. // 8

Lyrics: Chris Carrabba wrote some incredible lyrics for this cd. His lyrics have amazing depth and they put things into words that we can't find words for. Because Dashboard is an emo band, most of the lyrics are about love, but they are all about different situations (it doesnt get repetitive, dont worry). Chris sings with a lot of passion, he lets it all go and puts all of himself into his music. His lyrics match the guitar perfectly in "Again I Go Unnoticed", he helps keep the tempo upbeat. He has awesome range too. // 10

Overall Impression: Dashboard is very talented, and I think they have a lot of potential. I think they will keep improving and keep putting out awesome cds. This cd is worth the money and I would definetly buy it again if I lost it. Screaming Infidelities alone is worth buying the cd for. So to sum it all up, Dashboard did a good job on this cd and if you don't have it, I would check it out. // 10

Swiss Army Romance Reviewed by: fallinsuburbia, on december 26, 2005

Sound: I love this CD! I always give nost bands a chance for my approval (unless any of them involve Hillary Duff, Lindsay Lohan, or Ashlee Simpson if you have read any of my previous reviews. But it might be a little hard to tell which ones are mine by seeing how I use no username because the angry mob will find me and kill me. But today I will use my username so everyone can see me). Anyways, I like listening to this CD because it is so different from my others (no loud guitar solos). I could listen to this CD every day and never tire of it. // 10

Lyrics: I was quite pleased with the entire cd because when I got it I only heard one song and I wasn't sure how the rest would be. So I threw it into my CD player, listened, and I was amazed. It was a ton better than I was expecting. Everyone can relate to the lyrics that DC has. // 10

Overall Impression: I couldn't compare this to any other artist! It's too good. I would definately buy this again if it were lost/stolen. And I would hunt down the person who stole it. // 10

Swiss Army Romance Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 08, 2006

Sound: Dashboard Confessional is what you can call 'the father of emo' or at least at that point in Chris Carrabba's career. When I first heard the Swiss Army Romance, I thought it was the best thing in the world just like every other album I hear when I first recieve it. It turns out I was absolutely right. Dashboard has the best sound of every band in thier genre. The album song was a real rush streamed into a wall of brutal truth. It doesn't get much better than this (unless you include thier EP entitled "So Impossible"). Chris Carrabba wanted to make a name for himself, and he deserves it. His music is better than ever on this CD. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics bring out his real emotions. It doesn't shred him to peaces like the song 'This bitter Pill' on thier second release, but it still was the best thing around for it's time. Screaming Infidelities was a strong feeling to start an album with. Ender Will Save Us All may easily have the best lyrics from this album, but it's a close fight with the tracks Shirts and Gloves and A Plain Morning. Chris Carrabba delivers all of his music in a way that no other artist does. Why do you think every girl (that isn't a transexual I mean literally) likes Chris Carrabba? He is awesome. // 10

Overall Impression: Dashboard is the best band that I have ever heard (not including Coldplay and John Mayer). If someone is that good, you know they deserve to go on and do great things. To Chris Carrabba, I truely thank you for being who you are and never giving up on us. // 10

Comments