The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most review by Dashboard Confessional

• Released: Mar 20, 2001
Dashboard Confessional: The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most

All acoustic band. This was the 2nd full length album they released. The sound is good. Simple guitar rhythms with good beats and bass. It works. The styles are "emo" or whatever you want to call it. I would call it soft rock/indie rock. Emo in my opinion is a desperate attempt to place a great sound aside rock music. I think it's not a good thing to do. I guess it makes sense though. I wouldn't divide music up so much as critics do. I also think the audio from this album is a layout and a personal description of feelings the person is going through. Pretty good. I have heard better guitar though. The feel is a little different but the same as Chris's debut solo album: Swiss Army Romance but the feel is changed through the addition of Dan Hoerner. Not much of a change though. It is Dashboard.

Lyrically this album is well done. It really hits home to an audience between 16 and 26. Just around that tender age of maturity and undergraduates in college. The feeling has a older/growing up vibe to it all. I like it a lot. The lyrics are crafted nicely with the music. Chris personally hits his vocals at the right times in all his guitar work along with Dan Hoerner. Great singing too, although sometimes Chris is deemed a crying vocalist. Doesn't Blink 182 whine a lot? I thought so.

The impression was good. This is my first introduction to "emo" music I guess you could call it. I like it pretty well. It seems to be a flowing album and I really like "Screaming Infidelities" and "Best Deceptions." The title track is great too. "Saints And Sailors" would be the best song in my opinion but the fast pace after the very elegant guitar work in the beginning throws it a curve, a little too hard to hit a home run on. I would keep this album in particular in stock. It's a great album. It isn't recognized enough. Dashboard Confessional can only improve. If you're a fan of Third Eye Blind, Dave Matthews, or even Damien Rice you should check this album out or at least Dash in general.