The Shade Of Poison Trees review by Dashboard Confessional

• Released: Oct 2, 2007
Dashboard Confessional: The Shade Of Poison Trees

I am very happy that Chris decided to returned to his acoustic sound! Dusk and Summer was an awesome album, but acoustic songs are his strenth. The guitars were realy good, however not as vocaly/lyricly filling as their old stuff. I like how he experienced with different notes ex: I light my own fires now, and These bones. The overall album was not as good as previous albums but I was so siked to get it cause it's Dashboard, so I liked it for the most part. Mike Marsh's percussion is so awesome, and the bass always rocks, very strong bass in this album.

The for The Shade Of Poison Trees were sub-par. The lyrics were good but they didn't come out right sometimes. I could see some good ideas but they were lost at points in the songs. I think Chris may have rushed this CD slightly because it didn't have that much impact like all of his other CD's did for me. But don't get me wrong this was a very good CD because I like anything Chris Carraba does and it was good to hear from them again.

This overall album was good, but not as good as the old stuff. the best song in my opinion was The Shade of Poison Trees that was classic Carraba. Where there's gold , Thick as Thieves, These Bones, The Widows Peak, Little Bombs and The Rush were also really good. But what was he thinking on Fever Dreams? Not a very good song.

Lewis55
    On the first review he is slagging off the lyrics and singing but still gives it a 8?! Why dont people just be honest
    taz12345
    this is a great cd but the lyrics werent as good as his previous stuff but its still great
    guitar-goddess
    got this album not to long ago, really like the classic acoustic sound but... not all of the songs are as good as i would have hoped although in the end its pretty good
    rocknrolldogs
    This CD is a little better than dusk and summer. Although Dusk and summer hand like 2 great songs on it, this CD doesnt have any great songs, but none of the songs suck too bad. Dusk and summer had a lot of crap songs, heaven or whatever was the WROST SONG EVER
    xConverge
    i've been a stuck-up DC fan for a loooong time, refusing to listen to anything past "The Places You...", however! i decided to give this one a chance after hearing 'little bombs', and honestly, its a surprisingly good album theres no need to bash it guys...seriously, at least give it a chance, and to the Reviewer, you didnt like Fever Dreams!?...Well, go back and listen with an open mind, its Chris trying something new, and pulling it off brilliantly, As a Dashboard fan approaching my 3rd year of loyalty, i'm not blind enough to know Chris'll never get to the dizzying heights of his old works, but this is pretty damn close =] It accommodates for both old fans, and new fans alike, its a pretty much perfect balance. Best Tracks: 1, 3, 4, 5, 8 and 9 (Also, try and get hold of the bonus track "The Only Gift I Need", i thought was a really good song too =]) 'These Bones' is probably one of my (top 5) favourite songs by him now, its really different, i like it a lot =] Overall: 9/10