Daughtry review by Daughtry

• Released: Jan 1, 2006
Daughtry: Daughtry

How did this guy not win American Idol? Wait, I know why. Because you american people are fucked up! This has to be one of the best debut albums ever (and thats counting Dookie. If you want to know what I think of Green Day, read my American Idiot review). I think this guy is gonna have a long and prosperous career. Now, the sound. I love the opening song. It's Not Over was a good one to choose for the promotion song. I also like how some of his songs are softer, like Home. You definitely get a 10 from me, even though its more like an 11 or 12.

Yes, Daughtry has great singer skills. There's so much more to this album. I love Feels Like Tonight. Although it's more of a f--k you than an actual love song, it'll still probably be used as a wedding song here and there (don't give me that shit. Good Riddance is probably the best graduation song in the world and if you listen to the lyrics closely it's supposed to be a f--k you to his ex-girlfriend). All These Lives really hit home with me, too. One of the people at my school tried to kill herseld and she was really close to me. I still haven't seen her since and it's been like 18 months! So, I'll give it a 9, because All These Lives made me cry and I don't like crying over songs.

There's not much more to say about this album. He finished 4th on American Idol, and he's probably gonna be the most successful contestant on that show. I give you a 10, Chris, and I can't wait to go and buy your next album (by the way, just in case you didn't get it, that means my overall impression is good, really good, even great).

ShinedownerSam
    This was a great album. It features his range of voice and lyrical content. He stretches from love songs to hate songs to rock songs. Great album.
    JrabJrab
    This band has some serious potential to become one of the greats. He has the talent to write lyrics and delivers them. Plus, he is from the South so I like him already. Here is the but: the album is full of songs that remind me of so many were here and then they were gone. Bottom line, he needs some musicians to keep up with him, mainly a lead guitarist. Finally, he is making it huge right now and I just hope he keeps it strait so we can enjoy his talent for many albums to come. Because, I make no arguments about the energy and the structure of the songs being perfect. I love them. I think if he focuses on the singing and taking it to the next level and sticking to his style because clearly he couldn't sing "What If" by "Creed", Chris with the right musicians will make it bigger than Creed.