Daughtry review by Daughtry

• Released: Nov 21, 2006
Daughtry: Daughtry

The sound of the band is very unique, great vocals, great sound, It's going to be hard to shake that american idol impression, but this album goes a long way towards doing that. All the music on this album is pretty much the same style, it's all rock, which is what he was known for on American Idol. I really liked this album, mainly because it's good, clean, and positive. None of these songs make me feel bad, or sad or anything. I give the sound a 10.

most of the songs I think are being said to a woman, that is the impression I get, much like I feel with matchbox 20. The music is very humble, like with the song "Home", it's saying that the life of a star isn't all it's cracked up to be and none of his songs hold him in a high position, none attack anyone or put anyone down, they're all very upbeat and positive. Chris's Vocals are amazing, which is probably the reason that he went so far on American Idol. I give the Vocals a 9.

Like I said earlier, his sound reminds me a lot of matchbox twenty and Rob Thomas. Probably the most impressive song on the album is What I Want. A very Upbeat and Fast song. Great sound, great lyrics, and not to mention that solo by Slash. I love how the lyrics are so clean and so good. They don't make you feel angry, they don't feed your bad emotions. If this album were stolen, I would definitely buy it again if it weren't on my iTunes library. I give the overall Impression a 9.

eggy1991
    I personally believe this is one hell of an album, you guys slating it are simply jealous.
    badfish2829
    Time Seller wrote: markdirt wrote: This is one of the worst albums ever. Agreed. The songs sound generic, and the guitar playing is awful.
    Seriously? I know good music may be a bit of a shock to you, but this album is great. It covers all the bases. The guitar playing being crap? No way! If a debut album sounds this way, you know the rest of them will follow suit, and, if possible, be better. Incredible album, every song on it is great!
    tbarrettl
    BonezShaker wrote: but the solo in 'it's not over' can improve..... getting very sick of that solo
    same here
    LesPaulKid22
    i never reallly got into daughtry too much..i always thought he was a little bit lame....
    IX Pope XI
    Time Seller
    markdirt wrote: This is one of the worst albums ever.
    Agreed. The songs sound generic, and the guitar playing is awful.
    Shockball V
    IX Pope XI wrote: I hate American Idol. More than many will ever know. But Chris Daughtry kicks ass all over the place, and it's probably for the best that he didn't win, although he definitely had the talent to do so. And if anyone's ever seen the songs he sang for Idol, all of them are on like my top 20 favorite songs. I don't care what anyone says, Chris Daughtry is a fantastic musician.
    Agreeed 100%
    p.d.s.91
    I have to say, this album is terribly post-grunge, but it could be worse, it could be Creed we're talking about here
    wkdsoul
    This has to be one of the best debut albums ever (and thats counting Dookie. If you want to know what I think of Green Day, read my American Idiot review). - this was the review i read above... Fail!