Daughtry review by Daughtry

• Released: Jan 1, 2006
Daughtry: Daughtry

This debut album by Daughtry is in my personal opinion the best one Daughtry ever made, it shows off not only his talent but the range that he has. How this guy didn't win american idol when he was on the show is beyond me but Daughtry is a great artist loaded with talent. I love the guitar in this album especially the acoustic versions of "Home" and "What About Now" on the deluxe version of the album. Every song on this album has great quality sound from top to bottom. Daughtry's talent is on full display in this album.

Lyrically this album has great range from songs of heartache in "It's Not Over" to love in the song "Feels Like Tonight". Home is my favorite song on the album and lyrically the song is full of meaning. From top to bottom every song sounds like it's being sung to a woman, telling her that he finally got over her ("Over You") to telling her that he doesn't want things to be over, that he he thinks he can do things right this time around ("It's Not Over"). Overall my impression of the lyrics is that they are solid and filled with meaning on every song top to bottom.

My overall impression of this album is that this is a great album from bottom to top. It is filled with hits like "Home" and "It's Not Over". With every song Daightry's vocal talent is shown off in a brilliant way and this is a great debut album from a very talented artist. How this guy lost American Idol is beyond me because this album clearly shows a high level of talent. His voice has a sweet raspiness to it that gives his voice just a pure talent. As well he has some great musicians behind him that compliment that voices exceedingly well. And as always I would definitely replace this if it were stolen.