Trust No One Review

Released: Jun 19, 2001
Label: Capitol
Genre: Rock
Styles: Hard Rock, Alternative Pop/Rock
Trust No One is a sharp diversion from both Jane's Addiction's trippy punk aggression and the Chili Peppers' chest-thumping funk.
 9.1
 9.3
 8.8
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Trust No One Reviewed by: Razeon, on july 07, 2005

Sound: Dave Navarro's solo album is a prime example of when bands need to take a break to release the other talents within. Dave's solo album is great! The sound is unmatchable. Considering, he did all the instrument work himself, except for the drums, it's clear to see that this man has lots of talent within him. Dave's hits a lot of low notes in his singing, some notes that are so low, that when you sing along, you can't even hit them. He uses a lot of different sound effects with some, if not most, of his songs. He created his solo album over time, and then finished and released it in 2001. This, in my opinion, is a must have. // 10

Lyrics: He created the CD recently after his divorce from his first wife, and a lot of the lyrics came from the experiences and feelings that he had. Some of the lyrics are hard to understand, and it makes wonder if he used the words in the right context, but for the most part the lyrics are heavy and very deep. Dave's singing skills are pretty good. It makes you wonder why he didn't have his own singing part in Jane's Addiction, and in my opinion he's better than Perry Farrel. Dave Navarro's singing skills are quite good! // 8

Overall Impression: Overall, Dave Navarro's solo album is really good. You can't compare his solo stuff to any other rocker because his stuff is so unique. The best songs on the album, in my opinion, are "Hungry," "Avoiding The Angel," "Everything," "Rexall," and "Slow Motion Sickness." They all kick ass! I love pretty much everything about this album - the Sound, the meaning behind the whole album, his voice, everything. The only thing I can honestly I was disapointed about it was the fact that there was only 10 songs. He wrote more, but only put 10 on because he felt like it was enough. If this album was stolen, I would cry. I'm a Dave Navarro fan, almost hardcore, so I'd have to buy it again! If anything happened to this album I would definently get it again. It's a must have for any collection. // 10

Comments