Best Of Bowie [DVD] review by David Bowie

• Released: Nov 19, 2002
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
David Bowie: Best Of Bowie [DVD]

All of his hits come with this DVD (with the exception of 'Suffragette City' and 'Diamond Dogs'). Most of the sound on them is good but on others, the quality of sound isn't too fantastic. In 'Ziggy Stardust' the guitar isn't exactly clear as the footage is taken from 'Ziggy Stardust The Motion Picture' but that isn't off putting as the song is there, and that is what most people want. On the songs with no video, Bowie doesn't mime! This amazes me because most of the live performances at the time would have been mimed.

Content — 9
Although this DVD contains all or most of David Bowie's videos, it doesn't contain videos for some of his earlier hits like 'Ziggy Stardust' and 'Starman'. In some ways this is disappointing but in other ways, it is good, as in their place, there is some rare footage of him performing live (some on The Old Grey Whistle Test others on Top Of The Pops and in live gigs). There is also a web-link that comes with DVD 1 and allows you to veiw more via the net.

Production Quality — 10
Fantastic. The interactive menus have really been thought about and have had time taken on them. There is also an internet link which allows special access to the Ziggy Stardust page. In addition to this, there are pre-video clips which show pho directed the video, which year it was released and, in some cases, the date in which the video was put on air (e.g. Old Grey Whistle Test, Top Of The Pops etc).

I love this DVD and, to be honest, I think it's one of the best Music DVDs that I have purchased. If it was stolen then I would definatley get it again, without doubt. I would recomend this to anyone who likes classic rock n roll music or anyone who is a music fanatic, this is a must have!