Best Of Bowie [DVD] Review

artist: David Bowie date: 12/04/2006 category: compact discs
David Bowie: Best Of Bowie [DVD]
Release Date: November 19, 2002
Probably the most comprehensive anthology of any musical artist to date, the 47-track Best of Bowie traces the guises of David Bowie from the androgynous, glam-rock rebel of the '70s to his more recent incarnation as the postmodern pop ironist of the '90s. The collection provides an added insight into wider developments in fashion, music, and the pop video.
 Content: 9
 Production Quality: 10
 8.4
 9.8
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Best Of Bowie [DVD] Reviewed by: belavista man, on december 04, 2006

Sound: All of his hits come with this DVD (with the exception of 'Suffragette City' and 'Diamond Dogs'). Most of the sound on them is good but on others, the quality of sound isn't too fantastic. In 'Ziggy Stardust' the guitar isn't exactly clear as the footage is taken from 'Ziggy Stardust The Motion Picture' but that isn't off putting as the song is there, and that is what most people want. On the songs with no video, Bowie doesn't mime! This amazes me because most of the live performances at the time would have been mimed. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this DVD and, to be honest, I think it's one of the best Music DVDs that I have purchased. If it was stolen then I would definatley get it again, without doubt. I would recomend this to anyone who likes classic rock n roll music or anyone who is a music fanatic, this is a must have! // 10

Comments