This Loud Morning review by David Cook

• Released: Jun 28, 2011
David Cook: This Loud Morning

After winning AI7, David Cook has become a platinum selling artist..songwriter and masterful musician. This Loud Morning, his newly released CD is a masterpiece of musicality soaring vocals and gut wrenching lyrics. TLM is the emotional journey of David's life past American idol... through the loss of his brother... to the end of his Declaration Tour...where his emotional rush ended and he was left "one Quiet Night" to face the emotions "This Loud Morning" would bring. Dealing with these intense emotion... David used his music as a vehicle to process the loss of love and find strength and hope in new beginnings. I applaud his courage to bare his heart and soul ...to stand in his "truth" ...emotionally naked. This Loud Morning is a masterpiece of musicality, soaring vocals and gut wrenching lyrics! From the beginning "Circadian takes you on his journey to the end "REM" ...where he can now face the day he has masterfully... musically processed! David Cook arrived in 2008 as a rare and versatile talent and has continued to grow as an accomplished musician/songwriter with vocals that rock my world! This Loud Morning is a gift of music! David Cook... "unbelievably brilliant"!!

Gut wrenching lyrics with amazing vocals! Masterwork of musicality! Each and every lyric has the deepest possible meaning. The lyrics blend with the music taking you on "life's journey"... in this case the many feelings in the loss of a beloved brother, end of love relationship, and the hope for new beginnings.

This Loud Morning is a unique emotional journey describing the past 2 years in the life of David Cook. Every song is impressive as David Cook sings from his heart to the soul of his listeners. It is the most inspirational and impressive CD ever with amazing music to fill my ears and heart! I absolutely love it and listen to it every day!

Squirrellygirl
    Squirrellygirl wrote: I love David Cook, and I think TLM is perfection and inspiration all rolled up into one. IMHO, it would be a shame if everyone in the world didn't hear every single song on this record. Am I a fan of David's? You bet I am. I loved DCTR (first post Idol record)--especially Permanent and Avalance. On this record, I join the hero in his dreams as he fights to keep his love alive. Fade Into Me immediately jumps out at me "Two of us melting together until we become something new". This will be the go to song for weddings. I love the pain in his voice on "Take Me As I Am" and "Goodbye to the Girl". I receive inspiration from "We Believe". And I long to go back in time with "Time Marches On". There's is no skipping songs on this record.
    calabash
    LordEarthworm
    i was reading this whole review thinking dane cook made a musical album, my bad. also, i think this person might be a fan of the album.
    EpiExplorer
    triface
    I like the album, but honest to God, it is not as good as this review makes it out to be. Don't get me wrong though. It's far from just some mediocre mainstream rubbish in my opinion.
    Bananafish003
    calabash wrote: EpiExplorer wrote: Being drawn into the media, this is the result, telling everyone how 'amazing' the current favoured generic pop artist is. I'd be interested to know if you have listened to the album, EpiE. Cook is not a fly-by-night musician; the album covers some really interesting themes, pondering the nature of reality and loss of both life and love. Not light stuff and pretty far from generic; you might want to give it a chance. I'm afraid Cook, who has some substance, suffers from having come up through American Idol against which there are some perhaps some fair, but maybe also unfair, prejudices. And no, BluesyBlue, it's not the best album of all time, clearly a fan wrote this gushing review. But it's an interesting album, despite some leanings toward pop acceptance that aren't my taste. Cook's band has some talent, and there is the bonus of his quite remarkable voice. He's also apparently a very generous supporter of various charities; it's my own opinion of course but I always feel like the good guys deserve a listen for a few minutes more than the jerks. I'd say don't dismiss this album; try to keep an open mind and give it a chance.
    We could play "Your opinion, my opinion..." but that gets boring...Being a better person doesn't make your music any better. If you're listening to rock music, you should realize that right away. Cook's voice is also extremely generic. I couldn't tell him apart from any other "contemporary" male pop singer of today. He dabbles in maximalism, one of the most overused elements in pop, blowing his songs out of proportion. His lyrics are awful, tossing off broad, half-hearted sentiments that seem like they're only there to try and get more people to relate to him. Of course, this is all just "my opinion". But I wouldn't waste my time listening to him. There's so much other talent out there right now. This guy won AI. He'll get his money no matter what, now. Go support someone who deserves it.
    Bananafish003
    Bananafish003 wrote: I've also noticed that this review says nothing specific about the album in question. Apparently, Dane Cook is an "amazing singer". That doesn't explain his style. I think Ian Curtis from Joy Division is an amazing singer. Does that mean Dane Cook will sound like him? Not at all...Less sensationalism, more actual description of the music, please.
    Sorry, Dave Cook, not Dane.
    Squirrellygirl
    I love David Cook, and I think TLM is perfection and inspiration all rolled up into one. IMHO, it would be a shame if everyone in the world didn't hear every single song on this record? Am I a fan of David's? You bet I am. I loved DCTR (first post Idol record)--especially Permanent and Avalance. On this record, I join the hero in his dreams as he fights to keep his love alive. Fade Into Me immediately jumps out at me "Two of us melting together until we become something new". This will be the go to song for weddings. I love the pain in his voice on "Take Me As I Am" and "Goodbye to the Girl". I receive inspiration from "We Believe". And I long to go back in time with "Time Marches On". There's is no skipping songs on this record.
    calabash
    Bananafish, it's hard to have a conversation with someone who has a negative, aggressive animus. I'm not interested in one-upping anyone by describing something they have initiated as "boring," nor in commanding anyone to support anyone they've deemed deserving. I'm sorry you found it necessary to take this tack as I would have been perfectly willing to have a conversation about the subject at hand. Would be interested in hearing other people's honest opinions without power trips about this album or in being directed to discussions that are fair about other appreciated music.