Day Of Fire review by Day of Fire

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
Day of Fire: Day Of Fire

This is a hard rock/Christian rock album. The riffs all convey emotions of anger, hope, freedom, and joy. They are heavy and crunchy. They are melodic and beautiful. They are electric, they are acoustic. I love the harmonics on "Rain Song". The only problems I had were that some of the riffs seemed kind of "rushed" (for lack of a better term, meaning that some of them seemed kinda like the were slopped together). There's a couple of solos, although they're not your typical in your face, finger-tapping, whammy bar dive, pick-melting metal solos, but they're still pretty cool.

This is a Christian rock album. Most of the lyrics are about hope and love, although there are a couple that (sort of) address God, such as Through The Fire and Cornerstone. Josh Brown, although not the best vocalist of songwriter ever (but then again, who is), still pours his heart out with much honesty and sincerity.

I quote ice_wiz when I say "Jesus just plain rocks!" I like pretty much every song, but my favorites are Through The Fire, Fade Away, Jacob's Dream, and To Fly. This album is definitely a worthy listen. If you like Christian rock, you will probably like this album. If you don't but you still like some good music (and you don't completely hate Christian music), you will probabaly like this album too.