Dead By April review by Dead by April

• Released: May 13, 2009
Dead by April: Dead By April

To say the least, I find the sound to be quite refreshing. It is a nice break from your typical metal music. While I see a lot of people saying that it feels as though they have just thrown some songs onto an album, I don't agree. Don't get me wrong, I can see why some would think that, but I personally find this album highly addictive with few flaws. Something I do like about this album is that I didn't once find myself thinking "I wish he would sing more" or "this could do with a bit more screaming", it was a great mix and the band pull off screaming and none screaming very well, to the point that if one of the two is not present, I don't actually miss it. This is a band that should definatley be checked out and a note for all those people who find that their partners ahve a bad music taste, this album got my girlfriend into screaming and now listens to much more real music rather than just techno and other things that make most normal people's skin crawl.

Lyrically, they are really good, but not amazing. That being said, English is the band's second language so with that in mind, I think they did a really good job. Vocally, I honestly don't know where to start. If you looked at a picture of the singer, you would expect the screaming from him, which he does amazingly, but the singing voice would be a shock to many. I have to admit it was unexpected and he has what I would consider one of the best voices of this generation. His vocals are unique and addictive. The guitarist also has a great voice. For anybody who has not heard much of them but is considering this album, listen to "Angel Of Clarity", "Carry Me" and "Promise Me" as these will give you a good idea at just how good the singer actually is and how flexable he is with his voice.

It has to be said that the only thing I don't like about this album is that a couple of songs had to grow on be a bit (I Made It and Stronger) but now I love those songs and therefore the whole album is just amazing. I can't stress enough how much I believe that everybody should give this band a chance, even if you don't like metal/screaming, who knows, you may even begin to like it. You can't listen to this album with a closed mind so all of these people who think that ONLY heavy music is good or ONLY soft music is good will probably not like it, but if that is the case you probably only like what you like to fit in with a crowd and this band need to be listened to with an open mind. I personally would never part with this CD, I lent it to my girlfriend to get her into some real music and demanded it back the next day, so this CD has had quite a positive effect on me and I think that t will do the same with a massive amount of people if enough people at least give it a chance. My final comment has to be Buy This Album.

kinslayerSOA
    GustavLW wrote: the second time I saw them at Metaltown Festival 2009 just for teh lulz.
    I respect your opinion, you're entitled to hate a band. But why come onto this review if you know you hate them? That sentence just says to me that the only reason you'd come onto this review is to get a reaction, and that's just hating for the sake of it. Spend time productively writing a constructive review on a band you respect (whether you like them or not) and stop begging for an argument, just so you get a bit of attention.
    -NighTragE-
    Imo Dead by April is very nice band,vocal of Jimmie Strimmel suits too good + back up vocals of other members,songs are "deep" and good lyrics. Overall one of the best metalcore bands 91/100 score. Best songs: Where i belong (best 1 for me), Losing you, Promise me, Angels of Clarity, My saviour, Falling behind... I wish DBA good luck in the future and hope theyll release again good albums!