Frankenchrist review by Dead Kennedys

• Released: Jan 1, 1985
Dead Kennedys: Frankenchrist

Rockabilly, psychobilly, hardcore punk, and surf are all incorporated into the sound this record has. Overall the record has a revolutionary sound and it still sounds ahead of its time today.

The lyrics are fiercely political and anti-establishment. Not for the conservative populace, except maybe to convert them. They are some of the finest in the history of punk and the entire repetoire of the Dead Kennedys. The music matches the lyrics perfectly. Jello Biafra's voice on this is top notch and better singing-wise than the two previous records.

One of the best punk albums by one of the best bands of all time. Much better than any current music in awhile. The standout songs would be; Soup Is Good Food, This Could Be Anywhere, Goons of Hazzard, MTV Get Off The Air, Jock-O-Rama, and The Stars and Stripes Of Corruption. I love everything about this album except for Hellnation, I hate that song because the music for it is awful. If it were stolen I would (verbally of course) beat the crap out of who stole it, then buy another one. It is most definitely worth buying. This album was so controversial that the dead kennedys went to court (under the guise of the controversial album artwork) for distributing harmful matters to minors. I'm a minor and I'm not harmed.