Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables review by Dead Kennedys

• Released: Sep 3, 1980
Dead Kennedys: Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables

This is the Dead Kennedys second best album (Plastic Surgery Disasters was a slightly better). The CD is filled with fast, evil sounding guitar riffs. East Bay Ray uses delay very often and a lot of the guitar riffs are chromatic. Some of the songs sound almost surf like, like "Holiday In Cambodia" which is probably my favorite song of all time.

Jello rights great lyrics. He often has heavy critisism for the right wing with songs like "Kill The Poor" and "California Uber Alles." In the latter, he sings from the perspective of Govenor Jerry Brown wanting to become president and start wars. In "Holiday In Cambodia" I think he even insults democrats. "You're a star-belly you suck like a leech you want everyone to act like you." The lyrics range from pure genious to hillarious. Songs like "I Kill Children" and "Funland At The Beach" are pretty comical. Also, Jello can talk faster than anyone I've ever heard (listen to "Drug Me").

The Dead Kennedys are one of punks greatest bands by far. My favorite song ever (like I mentioned before) is "Holiday In Cambodia." The only thing that isn't so great is that some of the songs like "I'll In The Head" just aren't very good. But for the most part, this album kicks rocks.

BlinkDay182
    This is the CD that got me into Punk Rock. if it werent for them i would have never opened my eyes and made my own beliefs, political and non-political