Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables review by Dead Kennedys

• Released: Sep 3, 1980
Dead Kennedys: Fresh Fruit for Rotting Vegetables

This band is one of the greatest political punk bands of all time. Jello Biafra is a great writer. The sound is inspired from past wars and events and also some newer things (from the time period) like getting drafted. Personaly, the Dead Kennedys sound is one of my favorites for punk bands. They are very talented musicians.

The lyrics a good. You can really hear the points of the album through the lyrics. The lyrics match the music perfectly. They flow together smoothly and nicely. Jello Biafra shows his talents on this album. they even do a cover song on this album covering Viva Las Vegas. Jello Biafra adds his punk sound to the classic song and makes it better than the original (I think so).

This is a really good album if you want to start getting into punk. This is the first punk album I heard and it inspired me to start listening to all kinds of punk. it's definitly worth looking at. I think the best songs are probably Holiday In Cambodia, Chemical Warfare, and California Uber Alles. If it were lost/stolen. I'd definitly buy it again. Maybe even two more just in case I lose one.

alexgmcm
    Haha, It's funny that all the Angels and Airwaves and Blink 182 fans think that they are real punks.. listening to this album would really show them 10/10