Plastic Surgery Disasters/In God We Trust Inc. review by Dead Kennedys

Dead Kennedys: Plastic Surgery Disasters/In God We Trust Inc.

The most forgotten album of the Dead Kennedys. And in a way it's their best. I had trouble getting this album because I live in Wales, and people havn't really heard of this stuff. But finally when I got it, I was a pleased as punch. Take this job and shove it! Greeted my ears as soon as the CD began to turn. Wow! It's really strange listining to this album, it seems a bit weird. It's a whole new punk genre! It seriously sounds like they recorded the whole album in a cave. But that's what makes it so good. It's weirdly amazing.

Jello's lyrics are as great as ever in this album. Even more true tales of woe, from the lyrics of 'Hop With The Jet Set' to 'Lie Detector', but also Jello's imagination is set loose on songs like 'Gone With My Wind' and 'One-Way Ticket To Pluto'. All in all, I would say the greatest piece of songwritting is this album.

Basically, if you are new to the Dead Kennedys, go out buy all the albums apart from this one. Save it until last and if you are a true fan you won't be disapointed, it's definately their peak. The most impressive song on the album has to be 'Chickenshit Conformist'. Why? Because how many other bands write songs that not only critise the music industry, but also critises themselves? Only one: Dead Kennedys. Close to 6 minutes of music that wouldn't sound to out of place with Jello's newest realeses. One thing I love about it, is the artwork. As always there is a booklet with some interesting artwork and the cover is absoulutely amazing. Music-wise though, what I love is it shows how crazy but talented Dead Kennedys were. I don't hate anything about it apart from that I bought it. What? you are probably thinking. Well my friends, I am ashamed that I bought the CD from the Dead Kennedys new line-up catalogue. They are rehashing CDs for profit. Completely dismissing their much respected stand against people at MTV and other power/money hungry corporate goons. Of course it still gets a ten since me buying it was nothing to do with the great sound from the CD. And no I wouldn't go out and buy it again, I don't want to give the Fake Kennedys anymore money. Since the songs are on my computer, I would burn the songs onto a new disc.

jhooves
    This cd is a frickin steal. Raw, angry, strange punk music at it's best. Forest fire, halloween, and moon over marin are some of my very favorite punk songs.