Plastic Surgery Disasters/In God We Trust Inc. review by Dead Kennedys

Dead Kennedys: Plastic Surgery Disasters/In God We Trust Inc.

Very poliical and layered with sarcasm The Dead Kennedys released their third album Plastic Surgery Disasters in 1982 after the EP In God We Trust Inc. in 1981, however they were re-released together after the bands demise in '88 as a compilation album. The album sound is totally their own. Fast and witty with subtleties in effects and a distinct approach. East Bay Ray charges from catchy melodies to chords and usally vocal based soloing. As any "Punk" record should it got a feeling that may never be matched again. A BEATITUDE in the glory days punk!

The lyrics are brilliant and edgy as usual. In this album the lyrics attacked small minded bigottry, Reagan, Religion, and ridiculed big businees, corporations, Medicine, educational institutions, and people who are droned into frustration and misery as employees. However, they manage an intelligable approach all the while. Music and lyrics flow very well and Jello and Kluas make quite a formidable singing duo. The bass, drums, guitar are constantly speeding up and slowing down, the lyrics discuss serious matters while pertaining a dramatic humor signature to lead singer Jello Biafra.

It definatly has independance amongst other artists and albums of their time such as Bad Brains(self-titled) and early Bad Religion(How Could Hell be any Worse?). All the songs are apply to what I have descripted, but here are a few of the 21 songs on the record; "Well Paid Scientist", "Nazi Punks F**kk Off", "Government Flu", "Religious Vomit" and a jazz sounding version of one of their older song titled "We've Gotta Bigger Problem Now". If you have'nt check it out. Citations- Deadkennedy.com Musicdirectory.com

disembodied
    i love the dead kennedys. and im glad that no one is spamming the comments on this review,