New Medicines review by Dead Poetic

• Released: Apr 6, 2004
Dead Poetic: New Medicines

First and foremost, go see the stay Medicated tour! Now that I have that out of my system I will get to talking about this album, New Medicines. Now being a sophmore release and all and you are probably thinking, how the keck could a band like Dead Poetic follow their first release, Four Wall Blackmail? Well the secret is to writing with a different sound that doesnt scare off the fans they made with Four Wall Blackmail. They did an excellent job. Full of catchy vocals, guitar (that as long as you arent some over-obessed solo maniac you wont mind) is pretty good.

Lyrics are excellent. Almost all of the songs are on two levels depending on how you hear them. And I love how they are expanded from depression and apologies like on the first album. Lyrically my favorite song would have to be Glass In The Trees. This song was about a friend of the bands who was in a tragic car accident so devastating the windshield ended up in a tree, well, parts of it.

In comparison to Four Wall Blackmail this album can't be compared. They are just two completly different albums. It's just that some of the songs on New Medicines (Vanus Empty, Taste The Red Hands, Modern Morbid Prophecies) just can't be put up against songs off Four Wall Blackmail (Eg August Winterman, Four Wall Blackmail, Tell Myself Goodbye) they are two completely diffent types of music. I love the vocals and the intros to a lot of the songs. The choruses are the highlight but the verses are good too. If someone took it, they woud regret they took it and I'd kill them and get back my cd or just get a new copy.