Are You Serious? review by Dead to Fall

• Released: Feb 19, 2008
Dead to Fall: Are You Serious?

Classic Dead To Fall thrash. This time it's even heavier. Also the riffs are a little more varied and the guitar work is phenomenal with fast paced thrash to more midpace crushing metal. The drumming is solid all throughout the album and Jon Hunt's vocals have become even more guttural and I think they sound better than ever. DTF went into the studio wanting to make a metal record that's every bit as brutal as they have made before but show that you don't have to be serious all the time.

The lyrics are really what I find the most interesting area of this album. While the instrumental aspect is heavy and definitely not something to be taken lightly. The lyrics range from anything to raging house parties to saving the future from robots and everything in between. The lyrics of the songs really make the album fun to listen to you. As previously mentioned, Jon Hunt's vocals fit perfectly with music.

If you're already a Dead To Fall fan, you'll love this album. The only reason for someone not to like it is if they take their music to seriously. Music is supposed to be fun and Dead To Fall do a hell of a job making Are You Serious? one of the more entertaining albums so far this year. I definitely agree with them when they say people take music to serious and it's supposed to be fun. I hope more bands start to realize that. If you like metal, you definitely can't go wrong with Are You Serious?

keepitwolfson
    i bought this shit yesterday im listening to it now i love it dead to fall at the top of their game(even better than chum fiesta). and to add to what the reviewer is saying jons vocals got alot better. great thing about this band is they progress with every album like all bands should
    TrashWhite731
    i love dead to fall. but i was a little bit dissapointed by this one. I like alot of the tracks on this cd but overall it's not what dead to fall is about. I love experimental bands, but it's just not for them.
    doctorums
    i remember these guys from when they were kids, back when there was no "scene". good to hear them again.
    FlameIbrah
    stonersandwich wrote: Great band. Weird that they are on Victory Records, though.
    no it isn't. victory is more than just pop punk and screamo or whatever. they also have(and have had) a bunch of metal and hardcore bands (between the buried and me, ringworm, bury your dead, and atreyu back in the day, etc.)