Earth.Revolt Review

Deadlock: Earth.Revolt
Release Date: Jun 28, 2005
Label: Lifeforce
Genres: Heavy Metal
Earth.Revolt is the kind of album every melodic metal fan should look into, if they can get past the extreme vocals.
 9.4
 9.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Earth.Revolt Reviewed by: IfDaysEnd, on december 25, 2006

Sound: The five-piece band Deadlock hails directly from Germany, playing a mixture of black metal a-la Cradle Of Filth, with some influences of melo-death, and a slight influence of European metalcore; now don't just pass this band because it has metalcore influence, or because it plays somewhat like COF, believe me, this band is good. The double bass never stops kicking in each track, and while the drummer doesn't play it fast, it definitely marks and gives punch in each song (in my opinion, the drummer could give more in each song, add more fills, but the work he did in this album is just fine), the guitars do an excellent job playing dual harmonies, while one guitar is playing high notes or a solo, the other one fills in with breakdown-like notes, and the keyboards creating a great ambientation in the back, it ends up just fine. Some will like the sound, others won't, but I did. // 9

Lyrics: The lyrics are epic, poetic and work just fine with the music. Most of the vocals are kind of metalcore screamed. Also they add a female vocalist in some tracks, sometimes to sing the chorus, other times just to sing, but man her voice is beautiful, deinitely a great part in the lyrics. // 9

Overall Impression: I've heard that this band plays similar to COF, I don't agree with that, it may sound in some parts like them, but this guys are different if you have the time to analyze their music. It may not be a work of 100% original music, but it is good. I still think that the drummer could add a lot more personality and diversity to the songs, but well, that's just my opinion. If you have the time, give this guys a listen, I think you won't be disappointed. // 9

Comments