Human review by Death

• Released: Jan 1, 1991
Death: Human

Human, an extremely fast, angry, but intelligent record. Let's start with the band. On their last album, Spiritual Healing, James Murphy was featured. But this album is made by an extreme metal supergroup. The Rhythm section featuring the daunting drum maneuvers of none other than Sean Reinart. This man's drumming is some of the most brutal I've heard, and very fitting with the songs. With Steve DiGorgio laying down basslines, you would expect to hear much creative bass-shredding in there, but unfortunately, the bass is not very prominent. But the daring duo of death metal master Chuck Schuldiner and Cynic-fret wizard Paul Masvidal provide all the extreme riffs needed for a great album, even a jazzy intro in "Lack Of Comprehension." I would have liked to hear more Masvidal solos, though Chuck's solos are always incredible. Now, the production is very dark and dense, with an underlying evil feeling lurking in there. Very brutal.

The lyrics are further progressing into Chuck's searching of the flaws of the human nature. His vocals are throat-bleeding, grinding yells. Even the patterns of the lyrics are great, brutal but catchy enough to scream along to. I prefer his vocals on this album to his later higher vocals.

This is overall an incredible album. One of the most dark and aggressive I've heard. But one thing, all the songs seem like they have the same structure, but with interludes once in a while. It could be better if they changed it up a bit, and mixed in more bass. I would definitely buy it again if it was lost. I recommend it to any fan of metal.

steve_a7x
    such a good album, i got into death at quite a late stage, but every album is soo good, id say this one, symbolic and sound of perserverane are the best ones, death where and probably are one of the best metal bands of all time!
    Shredder Guitar
    i really love this album... lack of comprehension is actually what got me into this amazing band. and to the review, while i agree this band is quite "brutal," the phrase doesnt need to be used so frequently =P
    boyan89
    LOL TROLL wrote: mikea93 wrote: LOL TROLL wrote: tehjnest wrote: i personally thought fall out boys last album was better imo yea dude seriously this stuff is shit listen to real music metalfags like radiohead go eat your moms dick queer When u get out of ur basement and stop being a virgin that listens to shitty underground music i might consider it.Do you know why its called underground music? because only basement dwellers listen to it!
    You've got to be kidding me right, do you know how many people I know listen to this, and i talk to like everybody and so what if it's underground different people, like different music, and we dwell in our basements to this! NO, learn to spell first of all, don't be hypocritical and shut your damn mouth! :] R.I.P. Chuck
    eatabooger
    We got some of the most ignorant and uneducated comments I've ever heard here,Death was clearly one of the most amazing bands in metal period and this review is completly biased,if you like metal of any genre this should be in your colletion, CLASSIC METAL ICONS and quite possibly the best prog/death band in history.
    freedomdeceptiv
    i ****in love death, even if their name is seriously stereotypical, haha... amazing band and RIP Chuck
    ZamoraZ
    Death is one of the best metal bands ever! This album is more then a ten, it's a 666/10 lol Great band, R.I.P Chuck
    postmortem2006
    LOL TROLL is an idiot. Bloody incredible album, with Deaths following records improving upon the formula further.
    Josh Laiho
    I just got into Death maybe like a year ago and the first album I bought by them was The Sound of Perserverance and I ****ing love that album, I recently just bought Symbolic and Human and I would probably have to say that Human is my favorite out of those. I'm still looking for the other Death albums that I do not have and I hope to find them soon. Death is a incredible band and Chuck was a really incredible guitarist.
    GoToSleep
    I'm not even a huge fan of Death metal but this is amazing. Thanks Chuck.
    Smithsc
    tehjnest wrote: i personally thought fall out boys last album was better imo
    oh my god, your comparing those talentless douchebags with metal genius?
    Morphina
    It's amazing how some of you guys can get all cranked up by a stupid commment made by a person who only wanted to provoque exactly this kind of mess... it's funny... well, disappointingly funny. Grow up people, just ignore him. The Radiohead comment wast just moronic, both great bands, totally different. No point trying to compare them