Killing Season review by Death Angel

• Released: Feb 26, 2008
Death Angel: Killing Season

I have a confession to make. I've never heard of Death Angel until I got this album (Shoot Me, I deserve it) but considering the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere (thank God for the Internet) I can't be blamed. Anyway, Back to the review. Sound? Well the first time I listen to this album, it was like where have you been all my life, seriously, these guys are heck underrated. Listening to this turned me into a fan and made me go out and get Act III, which I like even better. The sound quality on this album is pretty good. The overall style of music, I would have to say is Suicidal Tendencies meets Metallica. Drums, Bass, Guitars and vocals all seem to work together really well. it's a Thrash metal album from beginning to end.

The lyrical themes on this album seen to be mostly political and aggressive, though not always so. They do however all have a very "In your face" tone to them. Typical Thrash lyrics with their own twist to it. The vocals are amazing, ranging from actual singing to the occasional screaming, which is very tasteful done, unlike in some metal albums.

Why should you get this album? Well, if you're a metal fan, Killing Seasons contains everything you could possibly want in an album, whether it's great solos, vocals, speed, attitude, Metallica-style acoustic segments or just volume. 01. Lord Of Hate - great Opening Song. Starts with a slow acoustic intro with distortion kicking in around 1.00. 02. Sonic Beatdown - starts with a simple but nevertheless very cool intro. Nice solo too but probably one of the weaker tracks on this album. 03. Dethroned - creepy opening intro. Starts with a killer solo and has another one at the end. Third best song on the album in my opinion. 04. Carnival Justice - fast and aggressive, just the way I like it. 05. Buried Alive - start slow but speeds up about halfway through the song. The singing gets more and more intense to the point of screaming at the end. My favorite song on the album and the one that really got my attention. 06. Soulless - nice singing overall with cool lyrics. 07. The Noose - back to fast and crazy. Remind me of Slave To The Grind by Skid Row for some reason. 08. When Worlds Collide - great opening riff and good lyrics. 09. God Vs. God - creepy intro and awesome chorus. 10. Steal The Crown - cool chorus and brilliant ending. 11. Resurrection Machine - another song that starts soft. Average song overall. The other guy who reviewed this album described it as a Meat and Potatoes metal record, and there's no better way to put. The first time I listened to it, I was hooked. Just for that it gets a 10 for impression. I actually like this album as much as or more than Megadeth's United Abominations. Seriously, if you're into metal, get this album (Or act II if you can find it). It will be one of the best investments you make this year.

Devil_Driver23
    I saw on one website a review where the reviewer gave killing season 2 out of 5 stars and said that it sucked and there was "no creativity" in the song writing. What the hell? This is an awesome album.