Death For Life review by Death by Stereo

• Released: Jun 7, 2005
Death by Stereo: Death For Life

This is Death By Stereo's fourth album and the sound of Death For Life is amazing! Death By Stereo have a very distinct technical, heavy sound and they gone even a step furthur on this album. Blazing guitar solo's, great melodies, heavy double kick drums, this album has it all. The guitarist, Dan Palmer has really stepped it up on this guitar fans will not be dissappointed. There are a few slower songs on this album than DBS's previous work. I feel this brings more of an "epic" feel and makes the album sound more well rounded, great stuff indeed!

Even more distint than DBS's sound is the lead singer, Efrem Schultz's lyrics and vocal range. Efrem gives intelligent, and at times sarcastic, lyrics of social concern and personal struggle through a huge range of growls, screams and singing. There is a little bit more singing in this album than in the past, but there is plenty of anger and growling here too. The vocal range on this album absolutely amazing and has to be heard to believed. There is even some guest backing vocals on a few of the tracks but Avenged Sevenfold's frontman, mark shadows.

For me so far this is the release of 2005. I love Death by Stereo's previous work but I particulary love the direction they are heading with this album. I would say stand out tracks are the opening track, binge and purge, for its immediate brutality and great opening and the epic track of the album "Forever And A Day" for the pure rock "epicness" of the song. The album is immediatly catchy and I hate nothing about it yet. I have heard that this band if absolutley amazing live and I think that stuff off this album will sound fantastic, I cant wait! If this album was stolen or lost I would definately get it again, I might hold out for the vinyl realease but thats about it. Death For Life is definately an album that you can go back to after you havent listened to it for a while and rediscover it over again. So in closing Death By Stereo have produced another classic album while evolving into a more heavier technical sound. Check it out now!

Staes
    I completely have to agree with you on this review Everyone who still has doubts about buying this album;I want to say to just buy it you won't regret it. And indeed DBS is absolutely amazing live, I was realy stunned by their awesome performance.
    Alex101
    This album sounds good, but why didn't anyone review Day of the Death. It's their great album.
    De-De-Dee
    DBS is an awesome band great review, but i wish they had some more guitar tabs for this album, and practically the rest of their albums too. DEATH FOR LIFE!!