The Photo Album review by Death Cab for Cutie

• Released: Oct 9, 2001
Death Cab for Cutie: The Photo Album

The impression I got from this CD's sound was just that simple electric pop-indie sound, but Ben Gibbards voice gives it an amazing twist as always. The meaning in the CD is a lot more personal than most artists go, and the way it's all put together is just this puzzle like masterpiece. A little electric with the oh-so-occasional clean guitar.

The lyrics were very strong on most of the songs. I'd have to say the lyrics to all the songs were amazing. Especially "We Laugh Indoors," "Blacking Out The Friction," "Styrofoam Plates," "Coney Island" and the famous "A Movie Script Ending." Metioned in the record was many, many places. For Example, growing up in Denver, moving to LA, and then Coney Island Pakr in Brooklyn. Once again, Ben Gibbard stuns on his lyrics and singer's skills.

From this album I felt like I was inside Ben Gibbard's head, and I also coundnt help but feel like my problems are so insignificant. This whole "Inside Someone's Head" - personal-past times concept really cant be compared, but I'd have to say it reminded me of Bright Eyes "Lifted Or The Story Is In The Soil, Keep Your Ear To The Ground" when it comes down to personal meanings. I loved that this album was titled "The Photo Album" because it's such an appropriate title. You'd have to listen to it to understand, of course and I highly recomend it.

lackofcolor
    The lyrics on this record are brilliant, peiceful and meaningful especially on the track 'Stryofoam Plates' which is for me the stand out track of the record
    Oh Man. That song gives me shivers its probably one of Death Cabs best songs on any of there albums