Transatlanticism review by Death Cab for Cutie

• Released: Oct 7, 2003
Death Cab for Cutie: Transatlanticism

The sound of this album is very diverse and there are no two songs that sound the same. The album mixes emo, pop and songs that are quite frankly too hard to classify.

The lyrics on this album can range from being great to, well bizarre. The album has great moments with songs like "The New Year," "The Sound Of Settling" and "Lightness," but then it has some very strange moments with songs like "Title And Registration" and "Death Of An Interior Decorator." But overall the albums lyrics are good and won't disappoint anyone too much.

I have not heard all of DCFC's albums but from what I have, this album is definitely their best. The album is definitely one of the most unique albums I have heard in a long time. The best tracks on the album would have to be "The New Year," "Lack Of Colour," "The Sound Of Settling" and "Lightness." If this album were lost or stolen I would definitely buy it again because it is a very original and honest record and definitely one of the best CD's I've heard in a long time.