Youre A Woman, I'm A Machine review by Death From Above 1979

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
Death From Above 1979: Youre A Woman, I'm A Machine

Wow, I was amazed when I first heard there music live at a Billy Talent concert. There was sjut the two of them jumping around on the stage, Sebastien Grainger on the drums and vocals, while Jesse Keeler on the bass. The bass has a completely unique overdriven sound to it that makes it sounds like an electric guitar and a bass all in one. You would first think well there only two instuments going they cant't have a very wide range of sound well its the same basic sound the bass keeps the same overdriven sounds and the wailing lyrics stays the same throughout the whole album, but every song remains to sound completly different then the last. Sadly it's less then 40 minutes long but I was jsut amazed by them in concert I hads to get their CD. In my opinion "Romantic Rights" and "Little Girl" are my favorites on this album.

The lyrics arent just flat out I want to hold your hand tonight, lets dance all night, let me look into your eyes mushy bulls--t alot of peopel listen to. These lyics arent the best I admit but they get their point across, with "Black History Month" seeming to be their "deepest" song on the album. These guys arent trying to make a specific sound they dont have any gimics its just music and some pretty damn good music at that.

These guys aren't famous as some other bands out there but they are getting there. I give it to these guys for tryign something new. If you are into music that is palyed well then you will like this. I wouldn't know hwo to compare this band to because I havent heard anything like it yet. But I do know this is wicked moshing music so if you like moshing like me then pick this up. Well if it were stolen I would ifnd who stole it and beat the crap out of them and get it back.