Youre A Woman, I'm A Machine review by Death From Above 1979

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
Death From Above 1979: Youre A Woman, I'm A Machine

Amazing sound. When I first heard them I thought there was a guitar that overpowered the other instruments. After I looked into them I realised it was just a bass and a drum. The bass riffs are very catchy. The band uses so much speed that it justs blows your mind.

When you start listening to this album, it is kind of hard to understand what the singer is singing. The lyrics sound amazing with the music behind them. I mean, if you just say the words out like you are reading poetry, it's nothing special. But the way Sebastian sings them just makes the words a lot better. He gives the words meaning.

This is easily one of the best new CD's that I've heard in a while. The energy and speed they put into the CD makes me want to see them in concert because of that. DFA 1979 is growing its popularity exponentially. My favorite song on the album is "Go Home, Get Down." If some one stole this album from me I would buy a new one, and let the person who stole it have a good time listening to it so the word could be spread. I am glad I came across this band.