Youre A Woman, I'm A Machine review by Death From Above 1979

• Released: Oct 26, 2004
Death From Above 1979: Youre A Woman, I'm A Machine

The first time I heard Death from above was when I was driving my car on a freeway. I remember the sudden urge to go way over the speed limit when I heard the song "Blood On Our Hands." So when I heard that the album was released two weeks prior, I made a detour to Tower Records. After a few good listens I realized I liked the band because its nasty rock you can dance too. While about half the album was composed of filler songs, the 5 songs that weren't more than made up for it (especially at the price of 9 dollars). The key tracks are Romantic Rights, Blood on our hands and Black History Month.

While most of the lyrics are sexual, I felt something special in the Lyrics Of Black History Month. Most of the time Sebastien Grainger (the vocalist) sounds like hes trying to seduce someone way out of his league, in a good way.

A distorted bass, drums and a microphone created the magic of Death From Above 1979. With only 2 people in the group that is quite amazing. Now I really can't think of anyone like Death From Above 1979. They have got it down when it comes to seperating themselves from the rest of the crowd. However, I think this band fails to promote their material partly due to Live performances not being entertaining. I really think that they should've got a new.