Termination Bliss review by Deathstars

• Released: Jan 31, 2006
Deathstars: Termination Bliss

The sound on this album is massive. The riffs are really heavy; there is tons of catchy synth lines and strings; and the huge growling bass of whiplashers voice. The music is industrial, and is remeniscent of such artists and rammstein and marilyn manson, but is still very original. Nightmare anatomies makes amazing use of guitar and techonology which makes each song as complex as the next. Overall, the sound is amazing and can really fill a room. I can find no problems with the sound on this album, it is pristinely recorded and each song is immaculate. Love it.

The lyrics mostly tell stories of death and drugs, but manage not to be cliched. The choruses are extremely catchy and the verses clever and well-rhymed. Whiplasher has an amazing deep booming voice, and although it is probably stuffed with pro-tools, who isnt these days? Some of the lyrics manage to convey emotions and the final track "Termination Bliss" may draw the odd tear. Each song makes combination of both whiplashers deep singing, and throaty whispering, sometimes simultaneously. I think this is a great combination, and I would rate very highly the vocals on this album.

I think it is much superior to many of the industrial artists of this day. The songs don't vary much in structure and ideas, but each has its own story and catch, and I love each one. To pick out the best songs on the album, I would have to go for the "Toungues", "Motherzone", "Play God" and final track of the album "Termination Bliss". On my version of the CD, there are also two bonus tracks, both remixes of earlier songs. "Termination Bliss Piano Remix" takes the eponymous track of the album and strips it down to strings and piano. "Blitzkreig Driven On Remix" takes the second song, "Blitzkreig Boom" and, well, makes it a bit more techno. Allthough it is interesting, I'm not fond of this song. I can't find many criticisms for this album, and I can honestly say I love every minute. If I lost this CD or it was stolen, I would either buy it again, or I would by deathstar's first album, synthetic generation.

rabidguitarist
    woops made a mistake, its nightmare industries not nightmare anatomies ftw. Its all that emo getting to me :S
    guitarist41
    nikolator666
    chobbsy wrote: pfft stop swearing? swear more and see if you ca overload the filter bollocks twat **** shit shite bitch **** mother****er ****ytwatofabollockinpiec eofsteamy*****shitbit ch!! ! if that dont do it nothin will!!!!! death stars rock i love em an will see em a third time live!!!
    boltstein
    deathstars rule and virgins there like 28 years old i dont think so buddy. if you dont like them try listing to more of there songs there more heavy and dark than the published video songs eg: blitzkrieg
    IndieMetalhead
    lol, you can't overload a simple algorithmn
    rabidguitarist
    kingjiyoon wrote: cd cover looks kinda weird
    im pretty sure thats not the real cover. When i bought it, the whole CD is in white apart frm the green cover. The green cover is just one sheet of paper, and the front of the booklet it white with a dead woman on it. My thought is that it was banned.
    chobbsy
    guitarist41 : p.s. that thing that blocks out my swearing is really good. Keeps the site kiddy safe. ...or I could just stop swearing.
    pfft stop swearing? swear more and see if you ca overload the filter
    guitarist41
    espliam wrote: they look like a bunch of freaked out virgins if u ask me
    Maybe so but don't judge a book by its cover. I thought the same about Wednesday 13 and when I actually heard them I was like ''Ya, I'm an ***** for thinkng that.''
    Revhain
    Deathstars rule man, but your review could do with a spelling check