Organic Halluncinosis Review

Decapitated: Organic Halluncinosis
Release Date: Feb 7, 2006
Label: Earache
Genres: Technical Death Metal
"Organic Hallucinosis" is somewhat short (only 32 minutes long), but what's here is gold!
 8.9
 8.8
review (1) 6 comments vote for this album:
Organic Halluncinosis Reviewed by: anal frost, on june 21, 2006

Sound: The first thing is noticed when I popped this CD in was that it was heavy, a few seconds in and we're already getting whacked around the ears with some pretty brutal blastbeats - the drummer is great, his blasts are midpaced, but totally pummeling, and his double bass skills are incredible! He even breaks into a drum solo on the song 'Day 69'. The guitar tone is totally deafening (in the best way possible), and the riffs are crunchy as hell. If you're not used to this genre, then the album might descend into white noise territory, but eventually the quality shines through. 01. Poem About An Old Prison Man - wastes no time into blowing your ears into flaming chunks, a great song for getting rid of anger, it starts on an intense, drawn out riff, before going into the expected death metal onslaught. The vocalist comes in, and I love the bit at 1:52 when the song breaks down to just him screaming 'Nuclear fire!' An atmospheric solo follows, then back onto the death metal. The ending of this song is so intense it gives me shivers. 02. Day 69 - the shortest song on the album, at 3 minutes, but still manages to fit in a guitar solo, drum solo, and some very chunky death metal. The singer sounds slightly scottish right at the end. Top notch. 03. Revelation Of Existence (The Trip) - starts on one of the heaviest riff of the album, as it grinds away for a bit I consider playing it to my mum and scaring her shitless. This song is quite atmospheric, especially as the solo comes in at 2:02. I like how it carries on for a bit into the chorus. This song ends on a eurphoric riff which blends into the next song. 04. Post(?)Organic - the best song title on the album, but the lyrics struggle a bit. The solo lifts it a bit, and the best bit comes at 2:14 (I'll let you find out what it is yourself). I don't like how this song fades out, but overall, it's pretty solid. 05. Visual Delusion - this song is totally grinding at the start, then the blastbeats come in and make me know this is gonna be great. At 2:09 we get treated to a rare melodic bit, which gets the tingles going, then, what a solo! It sounds a bit improvised and the pinch harmonic halfway through is the highlight of the song. The creepy break at 4:20 leads into the breakdown, then the song goes mental and breaks down to the grinding guitars to finish. Breathtaking. 06. Flash B(l)ack - this song starts with a thrashy riff, and contains the most simple riff ever at 0:48. The rest of the song is all a bit average really, but it's good enough. 07. Invisible Control - I love this song! The drumming at the start is totally mental, just listen to it! The guitars are playing a riff which is quite melodic, but crushing at the same time. Fantastic! The riff at the chorus is the album's best. The album finishes on a high note, with an incredible lead part, and only then do you realise how completely and totally deafening this song was. The best on the album? Yes. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics seem to deal with a kind of prison, where the person is dissected and experimented on. You need to read the lyrics really, but it's good stuff. It's a shame because some of the lyrics and a lot of 'Visual Delusion' seem to be missing from the song, although it says them in the booklet. The song 'Poem About An Old Prison Man', is based on the poem by Charles Manson. And one more thing, 'Visual Delusion' has the best lyrics: 'Plastic Jesus nailed to the cross'. Good stuff. // 8

Overall Impression: This is one of the best death metal albums I have, and it would be worth buying again if I lost it, even though I have all the songs on mp3. That's how good it is. If you get a chance to buy it, then do so. This is 30 minutes of greatness. // 9

Comments