Winds Of Creation Review

Decapitated: Winds Of Creation
Release Date: Apr 11, 2000
Label: Wicked World
Genres: Technical Death Metal
If any album could be capable of converting naysayers into fans, Decapitated's "Winds Of Creation" is definitely a contender.
 Lyrics: 9.5
 9.5
 9.4
 9.6
Winds Of Creation Reviewed by: MassacreDeicide, on march 29, 2008

Sound: Decapitated is a new sound that any metal head can get used to. The sick drums and deep vocals make for a brutal touch to the band direct out of Poland. Way back when in 2000 when the album came out, I had just been introduced to death metal a year earlier. When I heard Decapitated I knew it was a genre that would stick with me for years to come. It sounds different from most bands I have heard, but in the more recent albums they have spawned into a fast and brutal machine. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics involve Nihilism, Evil, and Misanthropy. Vocal cuts like, "Their gods are only illusions human rights crushed in the fingers of the might" make it known that Sauron (vocals) is not just wasting his voice. The lyrics fit very well with the brutality and technicality that Decapitated brings to the plate every time. The old vocalist (Sauron) brought a verbal and vocal intensity to stage and studio that no one else could, he is brutality at it's finest. // 9

Overall Impression: When I hear Decapitated, I think of Cephalic Carnage. The album Xenosapien and Anomalies comes to mind, because both of the bands show equal brutality and skill. The songs that really stuck out to me are; Winds of Creation, Mandatory Suicide (Slayer Cover), and Humans Dust. All three of those songs are the best out of the entire album. I love the fact that death metal is still around and bands like Decapitated are an awesome addition to to the death metal scene that all fans have appreciated for so long. Another good thing is, for a first album they did a really good job with technical beats, solos, crazy vocals, and intensity. On the other hand, the production quality could have been a little better. // 9

Winds Of Creation Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 02, 2012

Sound: The first time I listened to this album, I enjoyed it but did not know what was going on. Insane time signatures, crazy double bass starting and stopping and crunching guitar riffs. After a couple of listens this genius and intricate album made sense. It is just pure technical brutal, beautiful music. "The Eye Of Horus" is easily my favorite song, every riff is brilliant. The guitar is heavy and full of bass but could so with of the clarity on their other album, "Nihility". Double bass could be louder too and vocals are very good. // 10

Lyrics: Intelligent and poetic, I'll go no further. // 10

Overall Impression: It's very easy to listen to. It is not stop excellence. I want to blare it out of the car in town. The guitar and drums are far from noisy, and are very technical, really good long riffs. The vocals are very listenable, next to "Organic Halluncinosis". // 10

Comments