End Of Grey Review

Decyfer Down: End Of Grey
Release Date: Jun 6, 2006
Label: Sony
Genres: Christian Rock, Hard Rock, Post-Grunge, CCM
If you like hard rock and you prefer tunes with intricate chord changes that are not predictable but yet spine tingling, and you prefer songs with an important and inspiring message, you'll love Decypher Down.
 9.6
 9.3
 9.9
review (1) 3 comments vote for this album:
End Of Grey Reviewed by: rockforjesus703, on august 01, 2007

Sound: Three words for Decyfer Down: pure hard rock. They know what they're doing in the hard rock area. The lead singer has a clear voice, yet the guitars, bass and drums pull of some hardcore stuff. With inspirations like Sevendust, Saliva, Crossfade, Submersed, and Chevelle, this is one band hard rock fans will want to hear. You will not be dissapointed by them. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics Decyfer Down produce are so true and heartfelt it's amazing. Some of thier songs are Christian, such as "Walking Dead", and others aren't like the song "Fight Like This". These songs and lyrics are pure poetry-you'll want to sit down and just read them. Caleb has an awesome voice. // 9

Overall Impression: Decyfer Down is a lot like Sevendust, though not quite as hard. Best songs on this album I recommend are "Break Free", "Vanity", "Life Again", and "Walking Dead". Here's my opinions on all the songs. 01. Break Free - my favorite song. Short yet rocky verses-awesome chorus. 02. Life Again - slower, but another favorite of mine. It applies to my life, which makes it all the better. The chorus is freaking amazing. 03. Fight Like This - this is one of the harder songs on the album. Once again, they manage to pull off an awesome chorus. 04. Burn Back The Sun - a slower, softer, song. They lyrics are really heart-touching. Again, an awesome chorus. The actual sound of the verses is okay, the lyrics are better. 05. I'll Breathe For You - nice, hardcore beginning. Enjoyable verses. This song is some of DD's best work. 06. Walking Dead - another favorite of mine. The intro goes nicely with the song, but I think they could do more with the guitars in the verses and chorus, but the solo is cool. The singing in the chorus is awesome, and I noticed it gets stuck in your head really easily. 07. Here To You - this is another slow song. I really do not like the intro. He has a good voice, but I don't really like the verses. The chorus is much better. 08. Never Lost - the guitars are awesome in this song. They pull of an awesome chorus again. This song would be better if the vocals were a little more clear. 09. No Longer - I don't like the sound in the verses. I think if they added guitars in the verses they would be better. The song on a whole is average. They could do better. 10. Vanity - sweet guitars, love them. The lyrics are awesome-they give you a "wow" feeling. Not a better way to end this album, as it leaves you with a good, positive message. Decyfer Down is probably in my top ten or fifteen favorite bands, as I'm more of a metal fan. I think this would be a great addition to any hard rock fan's collection. // 9

Comments